Fees and Funding Options in Queensland
Certificate 3 Guarantee
What is “Certificate 3 Guarantee”?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports eligible individuals to complete their first post-school Certificate III qualification and increase their skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance their career.
It also supports school students to access training and Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing fee-free training in high priority qualifications.
View the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program Fact Sheet.
As a condition of your enrolment, you will be required to complete a student training and employment survey within three months of finishing or discontinuing your training.
What will you gain from this program?
This program provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school Certificate III Qualification. The Certificate 3 Guarantee is targeted at Certificate III level qualifications because they are entry-level qualifications often needed to gain employment in many industry sectors.
Students are entitled to access government subsidised training for one completed Certificate III qualification. Once an eligible individual successfully completes a qualification through this program they will no longer be eligible for further subsidised training under this program.
Are you eligible?
This program is open to individuals who are:
- Queensland residents aged 15 years or over
- No longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency
- Not holding, and not enrolled in, a certificate III level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training)
To be eligible to receive the Certificate 3 Guarantee, students must not already hold, or be currently studying a Certificate III or higher level qualification. This includes any equivalent Certificate III or higher level training completed at university or through an apprenticeship or traineeship. It does not matter if you paid for this training or if it was subsidised by the government.
Although, Certificate III qualifications completed while at school and foundation skills courses are not counted and you will still be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee.
How do you qualify concession fees?
Concessional student status applies when:
- The student holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and is named on the card
- The student provides the Queensford College with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, their partner or the person of whom the student is a dependant is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- The student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- The student is a school student and is enrolled in a VETiS program (may include young people in detention)
- The student has a disability
- The student is an adult prisoner.
Courses Available and Costs to the Participant
|BSB30115 Certificate III in Business||View Course Info|
|CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care||View Course Info|
|SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality||View Course Info|
|CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support||View Course Info|
Do you need to contribute to the cost of training?Eligible applicants are required to contribute to the costs of their training through a co-contribution fee (e.g. CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support: $99 for non-concessional students or $69 for concessional students). The fee may be paid on your behalf by an employer or another third party.
|Courses||Co-Contribution Fees – Per unit of competency (Non-Concession)||Co-Contribution Fees – Per unit of competency (Concession)||Co-Contribution Fees – Per unit of competency (Non-Concession)||Co-Contribution Fees – Per unit of competency (Concession)|
|Courses||Co-Contribution Fees – Per unit of competency||Co-Contribution Fees – Per unit of competency|
|BSB30115 Certificate III in Business||$300.00||$100.00||$25.00||$8.00|
|CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care||$99.00||$69.00||$5.50||$3.83|
|SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality||$300.00||$100.00||$20.00||$7.00|
|CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support*||$99.00||$69.00||$7.62||$5.31|
NB: The fee structure that is listed above is based on a classroom delivery in Brisbane, Queensland. Other delivery modes and locations may have different fee structures. To view the full schedule of fees, please click here or contact one of our Course Advisors today on 1300 230 623 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*The Qualification CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support requires the student to submit an AFP National Police Check (NPC) application to enable the student to successfully complete the work placement requirement of this Qualification. The student is required to apply and pay the application fee of $42.00 directly to the Australian Federal Police.