Fees and Funding Options in Queensland
User Choice (Apprenticeships and Traineeships)
What is “User Choice”?
The Queensland Government Department of Employment, Small Business and Training provide funding for User Choice Apprenticeships and Traineeships in Queensland, subject to eligibility conditions being met.
The program aims to provide funding aligned to the skill needs of industry and respond to changing government priorities.
Queensford College is a Pre-Qualified Supplier under this program for the delivery of this Certificate III qualification as an apprenticeship or traineeship pathway for new and existing workers.
What will you gain from this program?
Apprentices and trainees are able to upgrade their skills through publicly-funded training and assessment services.
For more information about the User Choice 2017-20 program, click here to visit the Queensland Government Department of Employment, Small Business and Training’s Website.
To be eligible for a government contribution towards the costs of training, an apprentice or trainee must have entered into a training contract for a qualification that is funded by DESBT (Department of Employment, Small Business and Training ) and be registered in DESBT’s registration system DELTA. The contract commencement date or recommencement date must be on or after 1st July 2010, and the training provider selected to deliver the training must hold a pre-qualified supplier status for the nominated qualification.
The government contribution for a User Choice funding contribution is detailed in the apprentice or trainee’s letter of registration from DESBT, and is subject to student eligibility and their selection of an eligible pre-qualified supplier as their supervising Registered Training Organisation.
There are no prerequisites for entry into the program courses, however, it is desired that candidates have completed Australian Year 10 (or equivalent). Student may need to complete a language literacy and numeracy test prior to enrolment.
How do you qualify for concession fees?
Concessional student status applies when:
- The student holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and is named on the card
- The student provides the Queensford College with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, their partner or the person of whom the student is a dependant is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- The student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- The student is a school student and is enrolled in a VETiS program (may include young people in detention)
- The student has a disability
- The student is an adult prisoner.
Courses Available and Costs to the Participant
What courses are offered by Queensford College under “User Choice”?
|BSB30115 Certificate III in Business||Download Course Brochure|
|CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care||Download Course Brochure|
|SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality||Download Course Brochure|
|SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery||Download Course Brochure|
|CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care||Download Course Brochure|
How to Apply
Please contact our Brisbane Campus for more information on User Choice. Our team will provide you with more information and assist you through every step of the enrolment process.