Fees and Funding Options in Queensland
Higher Level Skills Program
What is “Higher Level Skills Program”?
The Higher Level Skills program aims to assist individuals to gain the higher-level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in a priority industry, or to transition to university to further their studies.
As a condition of your enrolment, you will be required to complete a student training and employment survey within three months of finishing or discontinuing your training.
View the Higher Level Skills Program Fact Sheet.
What will you gain from this program?
The program provides eligible individuals with access to one subsidised training place in priority certificate IV level and above qualifications or priority skill sets.
Once eligible individuals successfully complete a qualification through this program, they will no longer be eligible for further subsidised training under this program.
Are you eligible?
This program is open to individuals who are:
- Queensland resident aged 15 or over
- No longer at school
- Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency
- Not holding, and not enrolled in, a Certificate IV level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training).
Additional Certificate IV Commercial Cookery criteria:
- Student must be an existing worker in the Tourism and Hospitality industry and must already hold a trade qualification (Certificate III) in the Tourism and Hospitality industry.
Additional Certificate IV in Hospitality criteria:
- Student must be an existing worker in the Tourism and Hospitality industry.
Courses Available and Costs to the Participant
What courses are offered by Queensford College under “Higher Level Skills”?
The program provides eligible individuals with access to one subsidised training place in priority Certificate IV level and above qualifications or priority skill sets.
When can you start?
You can choose to start your training on any of our available monthly intake dates.
|Courses||Co-Contribution Fees – Per unit of competency (Non-Concession)||Co-Contribution Fees – Per unit of competency (Concession)||Co-Contribution Fees – Per unit of competency (Non-Concession)||Co-Contribution Fees – Per unit of competency (Concession)|
|Courses||Co-Contribution Fees – Per unit of competency||Co-Contribution Fees – Per unit of competency|
|SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality||$30.00||$15.00||$1.43||$0.71|
|SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery||$30.00||$15.00||$0.91||$0.45|
|SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management||$30.00||$15.00||$1.07||$0.54|
|CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support||$50.00||$25.00||$2.78||$1.39|
|CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care||$99.00||$69.00||$3.54||$2.47|