Fees and Funding Options in Queensland
Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS)
What is “Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETIS)”?
Vocational education and training (VET) courses are available to students while they are still at school. This is often referred to as VETiS.
VET is learning which is directly related to work. Nationally recognised qualifications are developed by industry to give people the knowledge and skills they need to work in a particular job.
You can undertake VET at school:
- as part of your school studies – delivered and resourced by a school registered training organisation
- by enrolling in a qualification with an external Training
- as a school-based apprentice or trainee.
Talk to your guidance officer, career counsellor, vocational education coordinator or head of senior schooling about the qualification that is right for you from the range of programs available at your school.
What will you gain from this program?
VETiS supports the delivery of nationally recognised qualifications to school students, providing them with the skills and knowledge required for specific industries.
To be eligible to access a VETiS qualification funded by the Queensland Government, prospective students must:
- Be currently enrolled in a secondary school, in Year 10, 11 or 12;
- Permanently reside in Queensland;
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residence, or a New Zealand citizen.There are no prerequisites for entry into the program courses, however, it is desired that candidates have completed Australian Year 10 (or equivalent). Student may need to complete a language literacy and numeracy test prior to enrolment.
Queensland high school students can undertake VETiS as part of their school studies, delivered by a school registered training organisation (RTO) or by enrolling in a course with an external RTO. Alternatively, students can undertake a qualification through a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship (SAT).
What courses are offered by Queensford College under “Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETIS)”?
Courses available in Queensland (Subsided under Queensland Government VET investment programs)
|SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality||View Course Info|
|AHC20416 Certificate II in Horticulture||View Course Info|
|SIT20416 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations||View Course Info|
Courses available in Queensland (Fee for Service)
|CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care||View Course Info|
|BSB30115 Certificate III in Business||View Course Info|
For more information about the funding available through the Queensland Government Department of Employment, Small Business and Training VET investment budget for VETiS Programs in Queensland, please click here.
Regardless of how it is funded, participation in VETiS or a SAT does not affect a student’s access to fee-free training for Year 12 graduates or subsidised training through the Certificate 3 Guarantee even if the student has completed a certificate III level qualification at school. Click Here for more information about the Certificate 3 Guarantee program
How to Apply
Please contact our Brisbane Campus for more information on User Choice. Our team will provide you with more information and assist you through every step of the enrolment process.